A Schoolyard14 costs €8,000. However, these costs are a shared responsibility. Many schools will have access to third parties who can help with funding. These include:
- Contacting your municipality, the school board, or local businesses who want to give back to their communities.
- Organising fundraising events such as a sponsored walk or a bottle collection project.
If you have collected all the necessary funds for your Schoolyard14:
You can submit an application by completing the application form. This form contains questions about your school’s sports policy, the environment, and co-financing. We will contact you within two weeks of the application being submitted.
If you are interested but have not yet collected the funds for your Schoolyard14:
Please contact us by filling in the contact form on the right-hand side of the page. Thanks to fundraising events and partnerships with municipalities, the Cruyff Foundation can sometimes provide a Schoolyard14 at a significantly reduced contribution by the school.
When assessing the suitability of a school for a Schoolyard14 we consider the following criteria:
- The Schoolyard14 must be completed within one year
- A school must have a justified plan for using the Schoolyard14
- The schoolyard must be fully or partially paved/asphalted
- The school must be capable of financing some or all of the costs
- The school must take part in the starter package process, which must be returned within one and a half months
- The school must be prepared to contribute to evaluations and research related to Schoolyard14
When registering for a Schoolyard14, the school agrees to the terms and conditions ‘Elaboration of agreements on Schoolyard14’.
If you have any questions about Schoolyard14, then contact us!